Friday, July 24, 2009

EFY Nate

Nate spent a week at BYU attending Especially for Youth. He loved it! He went down with his best buddy Conner Ogden. He finally called me to check in about 4 days into the week (once Ty texted him something along the lines of ... "call Mom loser"). He said he was having a great time and was just too busy to call. Sorry. I asked how the classes and workshops were?? He said they found one speaker they especially liked and attended every class offered by him. "His name is Curtis Jacobs Mom and he is SO funny!"

Curtis Jacobs? No way. Curtis Jacobs was the seminary teacher at Prescott High School the 2 years I attended school there. I have seen some of his books and talks on tape at Seagull and Deseret Book. He is now at the Logan Institute and speaks for youth groups such as EFY in the summer.

I told Nate to introduce himself and ask B.J. (nickname for Bro. Jacobs back then) if he remembered Kim Ross from Prescott High. Unfortunately, it was the end of the week and he didn't have any other workshops offered. I have fond memories of EFY and seminary and it all seems like yesterday!

2 comments:

ShelleyG said...

What a small world! I love that! It's too bad he didn't get a chance to talk to BJ. I guess he should have called you sooner! :) I am LOVING your blog posts BTW! You rock!

George and Eva Ross said...

Wow! How cool! Jolene was my secretary for a short time. They are a awesome couple.
Would you believe that I almost bought one of his tapes for your kids, then didn't. I should have!
We are loving your posts as well!