Monday, June 9, 2014

World Cup

So this week was nuts!! haha I have a ton to tell you guys so I will try and make it good.

So first of all you guys all probably know that the world cup starts this week... and... WE ARE ALLOWED TO WATCH IT!! haha I was super nervous and stuff cause I was afraid this whole month was just gonna suck and no one would answer their doors or anything, but if we go to the house of an investigator, then we can watch the games! Granted I have never watched a full soccer game in my life, but I am still way pumped! 

Also, this week we were on our way to the church for an activity, and we passed by this basketball court that we always pass by, which is basically the only nice basketball court that I have seen in Argentina, so we have always wanted to play there. But this time we were passing by and this giant black dude was standing out front. We just said hi to him and stuff and he just started speaking English to us. His name is Rodney and he is from New York. He had a way bad black man New York accent it was funny but he asked us if we liked basketball (probably cause me and my comp are like the tallest ones in Argentina) and then he invited us to come play! So today we have plans to get our zone together along with a couple members and go play basketball with him. I'm pumped!

Also this week I had one of the coolest experiences on my mission! So earlier on this week, Me and my comp decided to do something. So we picked a street on the map, one that we had never been on before, and then fixed a time later that week to go and knock it. This whole week we have been praying for the people who lived on that street and asking God to prepare those people for us. So on Saturday, we went to the street and just started knocking on all of the doors. On the second door we knocked, there were a couple kids outside. We knocked and no one answered so one of the kids went and yelled through one of the windows for his mom. So this lady came out and she was on her phone. (It was a pretty nice phone and she had a super nice house and so we just expected to get rejected right there cause most rich people don't want anything to do with us) so she just listened as we explained that we were missionaries and all of that and then she hung up on the guy she was talking to. And then she goes, "Alright listen... (I was just expecting the whole "No I'm a catholic which naturally means that I want nothing to do with you guys") Where are you guys from?" So we just explained how we are from the US and how we are here serving a mission and stuff. Then she asked us about a little picture of a Book of Mormon that was on a card that we gave her. She asked us where she could get a copy. We told her that we had one and if we could come in we would explain it to her. And so she immediately goes "Ya come in!" and so at this point I was just stunned because that hardly ever happens.. and so we go in and teach her about the Book of Mormon and we invite her to read it! She said she would, and then goes, "Is it alright if I tell you guys a story?" She goes on to tell us that lately she had been really sad and depressed and just felt way alone and stuff and how she didn't even know if God existed. She said that when we knocked on her door it was like God was telling her that he existed! And she just goes "I have wanted to know if God is there and so that is why I am going to read this book and come to church with you guys." The Spirit was like it was just punching me in the face!!! and so I then told her about the story of how we had been praying for the people on this street and I bore testimony of how I knew that God had answered both our prayer and hers. It was the most spiritual experience I have ever had and I will never forget it! 

So ya haha I had an awesome week and I am way pumped for what is to come! I love you guys thanks for everything!
Nate
 

0 comments: