Here is Eric's report -
Well mom it's a good thing I am here in Angola so you can't kill me when I tell you I can't send the recordings and pics again this week. Also the internet is really slow so I can't write much. Sorry! Sometimes you just get a bad cyber cafe. I will include parts of my letter to my President for you.
As I told you last week we had such a good week. A lot of new investigators, good lessons and some progression with the coordination with the branch. Unfortunetly, it didn't turn out so well this week. A lot of the investigators that started off really well shortly died off. It is hard on me having to accept peoples agency, especially after all the time and effort you put in to helping them.
On a positive note we received a good member reference the other day who commited to a baptismal date. The member who gave us the reference didn't really know him. He just worked close to where she lived. One day she started talking to him and invited him to church. He came the next day and loved it! He said for about a week afterward he couldn't stop thinking about his visit to church. He has now come to church twice in a row and is progressing well. I am sure things like these don't happen very often but this was a perfect example to me of what just opening your mouth can do.
Love you!As I told you last week we had such a good week. A lot of new investigators, good lessons and some progression with the coordination with the branch. Unfortunetly, it didn't turn out so well this week. A lot of the investigators that started off really well shortly died off. It is hard on me having to accept peoples agency, especially after all the time and effort you put in to helping them.
On a positive note we received a good member reference the other day who commited to a baptismal date. The member who gave us the reference didn't really know him. He just worked close to where she lived. One day she started talking to him and invited him to church. He came the next day and loved it! He said for about a week afterward he couldn't stop thinking about his visit to church. He has now come to church twice in a row and is progressing well. I am sure things like these don't happen very often but this was a perfect example to me of what just opening your mouth can do.
Nate -
Hey mamma! So this week was not nearly as exciting as last week. We got to watch the argentina game yesterday and they won! haha it was way sweet! people were just like driving through the streets honking their horns all night long... I am way far away right now from the main city of Cordoba, but I hear that it is way nuts there! I will probably get transferred there pretty soon so I am excited to see how it is over there!
Other than that things are pretty normal here. Sorry I dont really have anything to say so I am going to share a story I forgot to tell you guys.
So we had an activity with our branch and we went to a park to eat this thing called locro. Its way popular here and it is delicious... but anyway so we were at this park and it was right before we were about to leave, I decided to go to the bathroom. so they had this building in the park with a bunch of bathrooms. It was just kind of like a big outhouse type thing. So I go and choose one of the doors that is already open so I dont have the risk of walking in on an argentine while in the bathroom. So I go in and shut the door and right as the door is shutting I realize that the door doesnt have a handle.. but right when I realized it, I heard the little "click" and my heart dropped. So here I was in the middle of a park in a locked bathroom with no handle. So the first thing I do is go pee so that I can think clearly, and then I just started looking for some way to like pry the door open. Where the handle should have been, there was just a little hole. And of course, if you looked through the hole, right there in plane sight was my comp just sitting on a bench like normal probably thinking the locro just destroyed my insides. So I was just searching for anything to be able to get the door open but nothing worked... I tried my pencil, a little piece of wire that I found on the ground, and even just tried using force to break the door down. So then I just resorted to yelling as loud as I could to get my comps attention. hahaha the thing is I could see him through the little hole as I was yelling but he was just oblivious as ever. so finally... fifteen minutes later, he heard me and came to help. When they finally got the door open, hot and sweaty I came out to find a good part of the branch just sitting there staring at me. We got out of there pretty fast after that. hahah but ya so that was pretty good. Sorry I cant think of anything else but I am doing awesome here! love you guys!
0 comments:
Post a Comment