So this is the last week of the transfer! I am relieved but sad at the same time cause there is a big chance that I am leaving this area, But I love all of the members a ton and everyone is way awesome here! The only thing is that it has just been a rough transfer and so it would be nice to just be able to start over fresh in a new area with all new people and stuff. So I guess we will see what the Lord has in store!
So this week was kind of crazy! I have to tell you guys a story.... so this week the two other elders in my district had a baptism. We all share the same branch and so we always go to the baptisms and we always help each other and help out and stuff. So we were at the church, and one of the other elders put me in charge of filling up the baptismal font (terrible idea...) because they had to go change and get ready for the baptism. So they left and I filled it up and everything was good! While we were filling it up, we were helping out with a relief society activity that was going on at the same time. The font got filled and all seemed good. However, it was a really hot day and me and my comp thought that the water would be two hot, so we turned on the cold water to make it better. So we kept going with the activity and everything was good, and so then we also left to go help out the sisters with something. While we were in the street, I remembered that we had forgotten to turn the water off.... I think you are starting to tell where this story is going... so we were in the street and I get our cell phone and call one of the members that is at the church for the activity and ask them to check the font to see if it is alright. This was about how our conversation went... "Hey sister I need a huge favor! I need you to go and check to see if the font is alright cause we left it on!" "Ya for sure! (ten second pause as she walks to the font) OOOOHHHHH Elder what did you do!!! Everything is wet!!! It is flooding the whole hall!!! HEEELLLP SOMEONE GET THE KEY!!! (you couldn't get into the font without the key.... which only we had.....)" So me and my comp booked it back to the church to find all of the members, the other elders (who had a baptism in about 45 minutes) and a couple investigators all trying to dry halls. By the time we finally got everything dry and everything good and calm again I was a red sweaty mess and everyone was making fun of me and stuff. Then..... about ten minutes later, we find that the font had flooded again!!! The other elders that got to the church before us turned on the drain but forgot to turn off the water.... so we spent the last fifteen minutes before the baptism drying off the same halls that we just spend thirty minutes drying off before. So all good the day goes by... then today, me and my comp go to the church for p day to have lunch and hang out with the other missionaries in our district. We get there, and the pipe to the drinking fountain had broken and was spraying water all over the church! If we had gotten there like an hour later, the whole church would have been flooded. 3 floods in three days!! So it was a pretty stressful week. I think it might be better for me to leave so that the bishop doesn't kill me for destroying the church.
Here is a pic of us visiting a member who had surgery.
Alright so that took a way long time to write so I don't have a whole lot of more time! I love you guys!
0 comments:
Post a Comment