Hey mamma!
Sorry I couldn't write yesterday because it was a holiday. So just to explain a little bit, apparently Argentina has the most holidays in all of Latin America, and in my opinion the world, cause it feels like every single week there is some sort of holiday. Yesterday was "races day". as in like the celebration of different races... they also have like friends day, teacher day, pets day, children day (that one I actually like and am a little bit sad that I never had it growing up). Just about every single thing you can think of has it's own day here. So when there are holidays, it is like a siesta that lasts all day long. Here the siesta lasts from about 1 to 5, and during that time, all of the stores are closed and everyone just sleeps and stuff. The only things that are open are just like random pharmacies, and the library that I always email you guys at, but yesterday even the library was closed. So we just decided we would write today!
But holy cow this is one of the trunkiest emailing sessions I have ever had! So I get on and just have fifty pictures of you guys in California!!!! That just about killed me. and then I have like fifty more pictures of Melody's engagement... I don't know if you guys know about that or if it is like an awkward subject with Eric or whatever but ya she got engaged this last week and this week I got pictures to prove it. So ya this has been a pretty crazy emailing session...
This week was.... just about the same as the past couple weeks! haha this transfer has been pretty rough but hey. There is nothing you can do about it but keep working... so that is what I will do! This month is just a month of conferences. We had general conference, a branch conference, then now we have our district conference. This past week for the first half of district conference we sang. (I don't know if I told you guys this, but I got recruited kind of forcefully in our branch choir. but this isn't any normal choir, this is like hard core if you sing bad they kick you out choir. My old comp already got kicked out so I was feeling pretty privileged to be in it.) and then this next week we have to go to a different area to sing again.
Other than that I can't really think of anything else to tell you guys.... but if you could just keep working on getting me those pictures for the family history thing that would be awesome! I know you're in California so don't worry about it this week but I just wanted to remind you! love you guys!
0 comments:
Post a Comment