Nate:
This week was awesome!! General Conference again was incredible and I actually got to go to all of the sessions this time which was super cool! During one of the sessions, this lady came in and started talking to us saying that she was passing by and felt like she needed to come into the church. she said that she is going through a really hard time and she is like really scared and worried and stuff and so she asked for a blessing because the missionaries had given her one a couple years ago. She asked me to do it and so we gave her the blessing and then we taught her a little and she said she would be baptized! Too bad she doesn't live in our area, so we had to pass her to the other missionaries but she probably will be baptized in about two weeks!
President came to do interviews last week. He did interviews with everyone, but he said that he was going to be able to go out and work with a couple missionaries, which actually never happened cause he had to go back to Cordoba sooner than he thought. But our interview went good! Nothing too special but I learned a couple new things and it was good!
Today was transfers again and my new comp is Elder Duke! I am still trying to find a new camera or get mine fixed so I don't have any pictures yet but i will try to send you some some how. Elder Duke served in the states for a while and got here to Argentina after I did. he is from Bountiful Utah. That's about all I know up to this point but it seems like its gonna be a really good transfer so we will see how it goes!
So the other day something nuts happened! When we went back to the apartment at the end of the day, Elder Varner, and his comp said that they got robbed! Some drunk guy, (who decided to rob three men in the middle of the day, so he must have been pretty drunk) walked up to them and pulled out a knife! Elder Varner gave him all the money that he had which was only 4 pesos, and his companion had 100. After he gave them the money the guy wasn't very happy and apparently wanted more or something so he started like chasing after them, but thankfully he was drunk and couldn't run very well so they got away. now we are not allowed to go in that part of our area...
But ya that was my week! I don't really need anything else so I will let you know if I think of anything! love you guys!
Eric:
Mom and Dad
Sorry I don't have much time this week because of all the pics I sent. It was a good week though. We had our District Conference which was really fun because I got to see all the members from Luanda. I saw a lot of people I taught that are doing great so that was an awesome feeling.
This upcoming week I am really excited for. It looks like we will have a few baptisms. Love you and hope you have a great week!
Elder Hannay
0 comments:
Post a Comment