Monday, April 21, 2014

Happy Easter

Nate:

Hey fam! This week was just normal. Nothing really interesting happened, so this email is gonna be really boring. But something pretty cool happened yesterday. We were at the house of a less active and her sister came during the lesson and we starting talking to her and she told us all about how she didn't believe in God and how she was super rich, but just really sad and all of this stuff. Me and my comp and a member we with were just super guided by the Spirit and we had a super good lesson and by the end she was crying and stuff and now she is going to come back to church! That is my favorite, when you find someone with just a whole bunch of doubts and is like really hard to handle, and then the Spirit just guides you like crazy and you just solve every doubt and concern someone can throw at you. I love it! Cultural moment... this week was Easter but they celebrate it like three days here, which just means three more days to get drunk with your friends outside so that was a little hard. They also don't eat meat for those three days, and so me and my comp went to a store to buy food and we bought some salami for a sandwich and they just looked at us like we were huge sinners... but ya! That's about all I can think of but I am pumped to call you guys in a couple weeks! Let me know what time would be best for you guys! I think I will have to do it in the morning.. hope that's ok. Love you guys and miss you!

Eric:

It's good to hear you had a good week. I also had a good one along with a happy Easter. My new companion and I are doing well. He is very easy to get along with and I think the transfer will run very smoothly. We lost quite a few investigators that were progressing really well so that was really disappointing. We also don't receive a lot of support from the branch here so it has been a slow few weeks with a of knocking doors.

 We did have a cool experience this week. We marked a appointed to go see one of our investigators and headed over to his house. When we got there he had just left on an emergency work call. This seems to happen a lot with us. Mark an appointment, show up and nobody is there. When this happens I always like to go talk to whoever I see close around because I believe the Lord led us there for some reason. Either to teach us patience with the person who canceled on us, to help us find someone else who needs our message, or for whatever other of the many reasons. So we decided to knock the door right next to his house. After a few seconds the door opened and a big family openly and excitedly greeted us. They told us how they already met the Elders in Portugal. They invited us in and we talked for a little while. They told us about how they would love a visit from us, how they needed this message right now in their lives, and many other things that missionaries love to hear. We marked a return visit next week and I am really excited to go back and see what happens! 




0 comments: