Nate:
Nothing too big happend this week. The sister of the kid we just baptized still hasn't gotten baptized because we have not been able to talk to her all week.
This is the last week of this transfer so next week I will be able to tell you about my new comp and stuff. and... general conference is this weekend!!!!! I am so pumped! Something big is going down I know it... like temple in Jerusalem, or missionary age changed to 16 for boys and 18 for girls... I'm talking big. But ya I am doing awesome! Did you get my email about the book? and other than that just keep sending deotorant, and I will be happy! love you guys!
Eric:
Hey mom and dad
We had a cool experience with one of our investigators this last week. She had been coming to church for a few weeks and she said she believed these things were true. The only problem was that she just wouldn't commit to a date. She told us she was scared because she had been living in a way that wasn't in accordance with the standards of the church and she wasn't sure if she would be able to stop doing these things. We invited her to continue reading in the Book of Mormon and to continue praying to know if this is something she should do. The next time we passed by we asked her how it went. She told us that one night she started off her reading with a prayer asking Heavenly Father for guidance. She then decided to open up randomly to a chapter and start reading. She ended up opening to a chapter that talks about repentance and was felt a confirmation that she should commit to a date and be baptized. It was really cool for me to see her receive an answer. It was a testimony builder for me and I am sure for her.
We also had kind of an intense experience. We came home from work last night to find the light post right in front of our house on fire. Luckily it didn't get too big to cause any damage to the inside of the house but it did burn out the power box and all the cables connecting to our house. So we will probably be without power and running water for a while which I am not to excited about.We had a cool experience with one of our investigators this last week. She had been coming to church for a few weeks and she said she believed these things were true. The only problem was that she just wouldn't commit to a date. She told us she was scared because she had been living in a way that wasn't in accordance with the standards of the church and she wasn't sure if she would be able to stop doing these things. We invited her to continue reading in the Book of Mormon and to continue praying to know if this is something she should do. The next time we passed by we asked her how it went. She told us that one night she started off her reading with a prayer asking Heavenly Father for guidance. She then decided to open up randomly to a chapter and start reading. She ended up opening to a chapter that talks about repentance and was felt a confirmation that she should commit to a date and be baptized. It was really cool for me to see her receive an answer. It was a testimony builder for me and I am sure for her.
Other than that life is good. We have a fun weekend coming up. We will be watching conference Sunday night at President's house. We will then sleep over there and then the next day SAFARI! I'm pumped! I probably won't be able to email next Monday so don't be expecting anything.
Well that's all for this week. Love you!
0 comments:
Post a Comment