Monday, March 24, 2014

Baptisms

Nate:

We had a baptism this week!! It was actually a little bit crazy cause we didnt plan it very good. We went about two hours early to fill the font and get everything ready and stuff but we found out the place you need to get in to fill the font uses a different key that we didn't have. So we had to fill the font with buckets of water which took forever! haha We only got about a foot of water and then finally someone came who had the key we needed. When when the water was about three feet, the water shut off so my comp had to baptize him in hardly any water! We didn't do very good at inviting people so no one showed up...it was just the missionaries.. him, and his two sisters and his mom.
So that was also interesting. Also we are not positive, but the mom might have taken a picture while he was getting baptized, which is not very allowed. So I dont really know what we are going to do about that. But hey! A baptism is a baptism and his sister is going to be baptized next week! I also just found out today that the other girl that I baptized in my other area, her brother just got baptized, and they are now working toward the temple!!! It was a good week. I feel a lot better health wise and stuff so that is good too!


Eric

Thanks for the email and the rec. I am doing well. We had a good week. Yes, I am being fed a lot and I love it.

After this week our area seems to be in better shape. We are working on dropping those who aren't progressing and working to find those who are. Because the branch here is not as involved with missionary work as others we have had to do a lot of finding on our own. We still haven't seemed to find anyone who will be baptized but we have high hopes to find someone. It seems that we have been rejected a lot lately. It is sad and hard for me to see people reject something that I find to be so clear, true and real as the restored gospel is. I think Elder Domingos and I have been learning and understand that they have the ability to accept our message or not. Unfortunately, we have seen more people reject the message lately. We haven't lost faith though and we will continue on doing the best we can to fulfill our part.

Pics from the mission blog. They are remodeling to create a family history library.



0 comments: