Eric has know Jordan since she moved into our neighborhood many years ago. They are one day apart in age, so they have grown up together. Always in the same Sunday School, Primary, and even school classes. Ty never really spoke to Jordan before Eric left, so I think he was a little surprised even though he knew they had been dating. It probably wasn't real to him. Here is his letter -
TY IS GETTING MARRIED?! To Jordan Hash??! What the heck! This better not
be an April fools joke or something! But that is so weird.. I still
can't believe it. Plus Nate is going to Argentina too. I can't believe
all this is happening. You better keep me updated!
Today is transfer day. I am going to be staying with the Elder I was
already with, Elder Cafferty. My other companion that I am with right
now that is way cool is going to Haumbo which kinda sucks but Elder
Cafferty is pretty cool. He isn't the best at the language so it is
definitely going to push both of us. He doesn't have a lot of experience
either so we will have to learn a lot together.
We were going to have this guy baptized this Saturday but his brother died and we haven't been able to sit with him or see him at church so we will have to move his date back again. Everything else in the area is going well. We are still working on getting some families married which has been tough. We did find this way cool new guy this week that has a family. His name is Dr. Skillz haha. He is a rapper and he was way interested in the BOM. We gave him one to read so we will see what happens with him this week. We found him through his brother who is way cool too. He had kinda a cool story. When he was younger he was going to go to the beach one day but some Jehovahs Witness or someone came to his house and wanted to share a message with his family. He really wanted to go to the beach and not listen to them at all but his mom forced him to stay and listen to the word of God as he put it. The bus that day that takes people to the beach ended up rolling and killed all the people in it. He says from that point on all the people that ask him to listen to a message about God he listens too. So that is how we started with him and I see that he could have some potential.
I didn't even know it was Easter until I got to church. We just had some talks on the resurection but nothing special. Well that is all I have for this week. Love you and have a good week!
Eric
The next week I think things were sinking in -
Hey mom and dad
Haha he asked her?! Give me some details! I feel like I now nothing about this. I didn't even really know they were serious! How are you feeling about this? How is everyone else feeling about it? How did he ask her? Tell them congrats for me. That is still so weird for me. Will you send me some more stuff on Nates mish so I know a little bit about it? So you went to the open house. Did Elder Davis give you my card of pics? and what are the Merrills like? I am excited to find out. We will be able to watch conference in a few weeks I think with the whole branch so that will be cool and we did watch priesthood session yesterday with just the missionaries which was really fun.
I don't have much to report on this week. The work was kinda slow because of transfers and rain. I did have another crazy experience in the rain like always.
We were with this drunk guy that jumped into the river and he couldn't swim and he was drunk so he was pretty much drowning. He ended up catching onto a tree in the middle of it and us and a bunch of people that lived nearby had to help him out haha. It was hilarious. I love you and I think that's all the questions I have for this week. Could you have Ty send an email or something to me. I don't think I have talked to him since I left. Have a great week!
Eric
0 comments:
Post a Comment