Hey mom!
So wow... this has been one of the craziest weeks of my whole mission haha I dont even know where to start. So like I said last time I just got to my new area a week ago, and like my comp has been teaching me all of the stuff you need to know about zone leaders and everything. But the first day that I got to this new area, president called my comp and told him to call his family. So his brother got cancer last november and has been going through treatments and serguries and stuff and everything was looking good, but when he called his parents, they told him that the cancer had come back and spread to like 8 different parts of his body. Also, he has had a whole lot more pain and it got way worse in a matter of days. So the doctors basically just gave hime 6 months to a year to live with treatments and stuff. So My comps mom, asked that he went home so that he could be there to motivate his brother and be there with him while he was still somewhat healthy enough to do things. So he and president decided that he needed to go home!
So yesterday, I went to the airport with him and we sent him off and then I have spent the last couple days with the assistants and stuff. So I was expecting to get a different zone leader that was also about to go home, but president sent some other Elder who has never been a zone leader either! haha So it is me... in an area that I hardly know, and I have a whole bunch of stuff to do that I dont really know how to do and my comp doesnt either. haha The past couple days have been pretty crazy, and today is the first day with my new comp. So I will let you guys know how it is going next week!
Also this week we had a meeting with all of the zone leaders and president that they do every month at the mission home. So after the meeting was over, he gave us a private tour in the temple! IT WAS SO SWEET! You guys have to get to know this man cause he is like the most spiritual man on the planet and he is way deep and way cool! So inside the temple he was just teaching us all sorts of deep stuff and it was like one of the highlights of my whole mission!
In the meeting I also found out something way cool that I want to share with you guys. So president was talking to us in the meeting and he was explaining about how like callings dont matter and how just because we are zone leaders and other Elders arent, that doesnt make them better than us and all that stuff. They he explained how there were some Elders that are ready, and have been ready for a really long time to be zone leaders but they are just needed in other places. So then after the meeting, I was talking to one of my other mission buddies that was my zone leader last transfer, and he told me that when president said that, that he was probably talking about me! Apparently when he filled out like the transfer forms and stuff, he told president that I was really ready to be a zone leader. Then president wrote him back and basically just said, "Elder I know... he was been ready for months. but had other missions to fulfill before that." It was way cool and just made me feel way good for all of the stuff that I have done. even though I hadnt baptized a lot and stuff, that apparently I have been doing some other important things that the Lord had planned for me.
But ya I love you guys! haha It is going to be an interesting couple of days but I am ready to go! Love you and I will talk to you next week!
0 comments:
Post a Comment