Hey mamma! This week was awesome! A lot of stuff happened and a lot of stuff has changed... This week was transfers and my comp, Elder Fuentes, left to a different area and I am going to be a Dad!!!!! haha that just means that I am training a brand new missionary. This wednesday I have to go to the mission home to pick him up. I dont know who it is yet so next week I will let you know!
Also this week we had someone come to church!!! Hahahaha except it was on of the worst moments in my whole mission... so after months without having anyone progressing in church, FINALLY we find this lady named Adriana. She is like 55 years old and... lets just say she is not all the way there. (Like I explained before I tend to attract the crazies.) So anyway she said that she wanted to go to church and so on Sunday we went to pick her up to go together! So on the way there she was telling us about how the night before she didnt sleep good at all because she kept hearing voices.... believe it or not I am so used to craziness that that hardly even fazed me. So anyway we get to church and the sacrament starts. We sing (she is quite the singer let me tell ya) and take the sacrament and everything, And then the talks start. (So when youre a missionary and you have an investigator in church, it is kind of hard to focus on anything cause you are constantly worried about whether or not the investigator is enjoying themselves and feeling the spirit and stuff) So about five minutes in I sneakily look over at her to see how she was liking the talk. Sure enough she was DEAD ASLEEP!!!! But now I am not just talking about the asleep where your eyes are closed and the head nods like what happens some times to a Bishop or something... I am talking about half of her body was hanging off of the bench, her head was hanging back and mouth wide open. We were also sitting right in the middle of the sacrament room so yes. People noticed. So anyway knowing it is me I start getting super nervous and sweaty and just started panicking. So literally for the next 30 minutes it was a battle of me jabbing her in the side and purposefully making the book fall off her lap and asking her if she wanted to go walk around. You think I am exagerating but I am being very serious. The lady would not stay awake. Finally after thirty minutes of torture we finally sang the closing hymn and went to the classes. Miracles exist because she actually really liked the classes and wants to come back. I LOVE ARGENTINES!
But anyway... so that is what is different! And apparently Conner found a way good apartment building.. like old mill or something like that. so if its not too expensive hook me up with that one!
happy birthday Dad! Hope you guys have an awesome week! love you!
0 comments:
Post a Comment