Monday, November 10, 2014

Prayer for a wife

Hey mamma! 


This week was good! Things are way different here in this new area! It was a way good week cause Elder Fuentes is a way hard worker so I was way happy about that and we have worked way hard this week. The bad part is that this is a pretty rough area haha so we walked a ton..... and hardly got into any houses. It's probably a good thing that I am in a two man pension because all we do when we get back to the apartment is plan for the next day, and then I am way too tired to do anything else so I just go to sleep. I got here and they basically didn't have any good investigators and stuff but we are starting to pick things up and we have a couple really good possibilities! I am way excited because like you said about the whole sophmore junior senior thing, I am at the point where I am just in the hang of things and I am learning how to just love the mission for the work! I love talking to people now and I have noticed a huge change about how I talk to people just in this area. My comp doesnt talk that much and so  I have to do most of the talking, but I am completely ok with that haha.I love teaching and stuff so I am doing awesome! Hopefully now we can just have some success! 

So the first two days in this new area were pretty crazy... So my second day here, we were just walking along the street and out of nowhere this taxi driver starts running this guy on a bike off the street. I don't know what the biker must have done that we didn't see but that taxi driver was pretty mad... so anyway the biker gets mad and picks up his bike and hits the hood of the taxi with it! (all of this is happening like 15 or 20 feet in front of us so we heard and saw the whole thing) so getting hit with the bike didn't really help the situation at all and the taxi man gets out of his car and starts running at the biker guy! The next twenty seconds me and my comp basically had to dodge these two men and then run as far away as we could while they went at it! It was so crazy! One of the guys like picked up a rock and the other one was like choking him and they were rolling on the ground and my and my comp just got out of there... thank goodness a bunch of other guys came over and broke them up and then the police came.... 

So then the next day, on the brighter side of things, we go to visit this less active that went to church this last week! So he is a super awkward guy and he may have some problems but I don't know... but we get talking and he asks me to say the prayer. so I ask if there is anything that I can ask for him in the prayer, and he goes on to explain that he wants a marriage. he then starts to tell us about two sister missionaries that used to visit him a lot and that almost were able to get him married but then they had some problems. Of course me with my missionary mind thought that he was saying he wanted to get married with some girl and the missionaries were helping him so that he could get baptized. but no...... as he continued explaining I realized that he was talking about he had wanted to get married to the sister missionary!!! But then he said that it would never work out because she lived in the US and he wanted someone there in Cordoba. he then went on to say that "love has no age" and stuff like that. So he basically asked me to ask God to send him another sister missionary so that he could get married. hahah Cordoba is an interesting place. 

But ya so that was about my week! I will try to send you pictures and I will do the recording this week for grandma and grandpa! Love you guys!  

0 comments: