Monday, September 15, 2014

Time is Ticking & Crazies

From Eric

Time is ticking down! It is crazyyyy! I am so excited! This week I found a verse that fits my week and how it went very well. It is the verse in Mormon 2:4 where it talks about a city called Angola. Mormon explained that they did everything they could to strengthen the city but were still defeated by the Lamanites. That is how I felt with this week. I feel that Elder Garcia and I are doing almost all we can and nothing seems to be coming from it. There has been a lot of problems we are dealing with but I am still doing great. I have loved this past transfer. I am trying to soak it all in.


I am so excited to see you here in a few weeks!!! I will just have to see if I want to go to Cafe Rio or not. It will probably just depend on how I am feeling.Whatever family dinner you think would be good I would be happy with. It does not really matter to me. What other plans do you have for us to do as a family? I have been thinking and there are just so many things to do that I will just do whatever comes first to me.  Are we still planning on going to the temple the next day or whenever? Who is all coming

Love you! 







From Nate:
Hey Mamma!!
This week was crazy... a whole bunch of stuff happened. both good and bad!
So first of all, on Monday we found a GIANT spider. It was like the size of my palm! We took a picture of it and stuff and then when we tried to kill it it just disappeared so I am just waiting for it to turn up on my back or in my luggage or something... it was nuts! It was the biggest bug I have seen yet in Argentina so I thought I had to tell you about it...
Also this week we went to visit this guy named Hugo. He lives in like the farm lands and stuff and he has a whole bunch of animals. We visited him and talked and stuff and then he said that he wanted to give us a chicken! So for the next like twenty minutes we helped him pick out, kill, and then de-feather (sorry i have no idea how to say that in English...) three chickens!! I have a whole bunch of pictures that I will send to you guys. We ate the chicken he gave us the next day and it kind of freaked me out... but it was good!
and also... the sad part and kind of an interesting story. So I don't know if you guys remember that we have been trying to help two of our investigators get married. They are a little bit crazy... but we had no idea how crazy... So we sent in a thing to get their birth certificates and this week they got here. The lady from the government office called us and wanted to talk to us about something so we went in and she showed us that in 1998, Maria, our investigator, had been legally pronounced insane. It was signed by a judge and her sister and everything! And apparently the people here frown on the idea of letting crazy people get married and so they said that legally they are not allowed to get married. Maria and Jose were crushed... She was so mad at her sister cause she had signed the paper and stuff and we were all bummed cause now they will not be able to get baptized either because they are not married. So ya... in fifteen years I will be able to say that I almost baptized and married two crazies. We made copies of the birth certificate and everything as proof.
Other than that we are seeing some huge opposition this week will all of our investigators and stuff so it has been a pretty hard week! We are still working hard! Transfers are this week so I will let you guys know what happens! Love you guys!

0 comments: