Monday, August 18, 2014

Making Funge & No One There

From Eric,

Hey
Thanks for the update mom. It's always good to hear everyone is doing well. Hahaha that is so cool that dad is getting in shape. I am excited to see him in person.

 I have a few questions for you. Did you get my recording last week? Do you have a pic of the jeep Ty bought?  Do you already have my flight plans? What time during the day will I be speaking on the 19th?Nate White is speaking the same day I think so I want to know if I will still be able to see Nate's talk too. I think that's about it.
Things are still going great with me. I have really been enjoying these past few weeks. Even though doing missionary work can be really hard at times, there are a lot of moments where I just love it. It really brings me peace and happiness.

 We had a lot of blessings this week in our area. We found a way cool new family which we have been working hard for. The parents are already married, the family is united, they are already based on good values and loved our visit.  Two of our baptismal candidates passed their interviews so they will be baptized next week. The two guys we found contacting on the road made it to church once again. They are on their fourth week in a row and progressing very well. One of them had a vision and saw a man telling him that the Book of Mormon is true. Many good things are happening to us and I am loving it.
I hope you all are doing well. I love you and can't wait for next weeks email!
Elder Hannay



From Nate:

Every member a missionary!!!! That's what I'm talking about mamma!!! I wish that man lived in my area cause he would be golden. This week was both awesome and crap at the same time. This was me and my comps best week by far, and one of the best weeks of my mission! Except for when it got to Sunday.... hahaha Sundays are definitely the hardest days of the week cause it is like the do or die if they go to church or not. So these past two weeks we had found like over twenty new people! All way cool and that were interested and stuff so we were way pumped about that! And then Sunday came and not a single one went to church.........it killed me. We were looking for people all morning and all during the first two hours of church but not a single person came. The other Elders in our branch got a couple so that was good. It is so hard to have such a good week like that and then not see the results of it. But hey.... no effort is wasted!
That was the update of my week. Hopefully this week will be a little better. We are working way hard and I am determined! We will see what the Lord has planned out. Sorry I have hardly anything to tell you guys. I think I am going to take out some more money cause I found a bunch of cool stuff. I am not sure yet though Cause I am trying to save my money as best as I can. I can't believe Eric has one transfer left!!! That is nuts... time is flying by. Love you guys and I am glad to hear that you are all good! Next week I have a bunch of pictures to send you but I just came from an activity and didn't bring my card reader. plus I am in a way white trash cyber so I don't want to get a virus and have to buy another camera... love you guys!

0 comments: