Monday, May 5, 2014

Wrong Investigator & New Mission Program

Elder Merkley and I had a funny and cool experience happen to us this week. We scheduled to sit with one of our investigators, Mariana, and we thought we were going to sit with her. When in reality we had called a different Mariana that we had met just a few days ago. We went to the place where she told us where she was, entered in the home and realized after seeing her that is was a different Mariana then we thought we had marked with. We ended up talking to her family for a little and just inviting them to church because most of the people in the house were drunk and causing a lot of confusion. We left the house dissapointed for not seeing the other Mariana who we thought was more of a prime investigator and just seeing this drunk family. Sunday came around and guess who shows up to church, one of the members of the drunk family and not our  prime investigator. He ended up enjoying the visit to church and said he wanted us to come see him this week.  I am grateful and feel that the Lord guided us to a person that  we never would have found any other way. 

I love you so much! Till next week!

Elder Hannay


hey! I am still planning on calling at one my time so I don't know what that will be your time I think it is like 10.. but I'm not positive. I bought a new camera and so that is what it was but everything turned out good! Now I will finally be able to send you guys pictures! I also bought a usb so I can send you some other ones that my comps took. 

This week was a little crazy! My mission starting some brand new program and we are one of 8 missions in the world that is doing it. Basically it is like a new way of reporting numbers and it focuses a lot more on less actives and recent converts. Also we are going to spend time each week on a new website that they created and that we have on cards that we pass out. So people can get on the website and chat with us and stuff. The website is specifically for our mission so we are not going to get like some random person in Russia wondering about poligamy or something like that. It is gonna be sweet!

Also this week I got a calling in our branch! Our branch is really small and there are not that many priesthood holders and so me and my comps got callings! I am first counselor to the Elders Quorum president and my comp is second! haha I honestly have no idea how it is supposed to work or what I have to do or anything like that but hey! Hopefully we will be able to help out the branch a little bit because they have a ton of problems... 

Other than that it was a pretty normal week!  I am way pumped to talk to you guys and I will get on skype at 1 my time! love you guys! See you Sunday!

Nate

0 comments: