I received my new companion this week! It has been a whole week of transitioning. Transitions always seem to slow the week down a little bit. Even with the slowness of the week it was a good one. Elder Rush and I have seemed to have started off well. He brings habits, ideas, and new perspectives from Texas that I think can really help our area. He is from Colorado but has been living all over the United States. Also in Brazil for a couple years so his transition here and his Portuguese has been no problem for him. He is a nice kid and a hard worker so we should have a good transfer together.
Looks like you had fun on your trip. I wasn't able to view the video. What was it of? I also wasn't able to really see the gun because it was too small of a picture.I don't think I have Devins email so tell him Happy Bday for me!
This week was a little crazy! haha so I have an awesome story to tell you guys. So about three weeks ago a man named Martin just showed up to church because he had seen a sign about our reunions and all that stuff so he wanted to come and see what it was. That almost NEVER happens that a person would just show up on their own so we jumped all over that. I talked to him a little and got his information and stuff but then he had to leave early. When we tried to contact him that week he never responded and so we just kind of let it go because we had no idea where he lived or anything. So this week we were just walking on our way to visit a family, and there was a guy on the side of the road. When we walked passed he said hi to us in English, (which isn't that weird.. people actually do that a lot.) But then I recognized that it was Martin! and so we turned around and started talking to him. He invited us in his house and he took us into the kitchen. He explained how he didn't live there and about how he was just watching the house for his aunt and all this stuff and so we just started talking to him about why he went to church that one time and how he felt and everything, and he just went off about how he is the "Anointed One" and that he is a Christ and like all this crazy stuff... so that was just strike one.. then we just kind of shrugged it off cause he said that he had prayed after reading a scripture in the bible (he had a Jehovah's Witness bible, but said that he wasn't one...) about what path he should take to get to God and he said that the name of our church just popped into his head! We were just pumped cause that hardly ever happens.. and so we get out a Book of Mormon cause he started asking about it to give him one, and when we tried to give him one, he insisted on giving us money for it. We are not supposed to take money and so we told him we couldn't take it but he was crazy and freaking out about how he had to give us this money so we just took it (it was only like 2 pesos which is about 25 cents..) that was strike two weird. Then we started explaining about the Book of Mormon and how Christ came to the Americas and all of that stuff, and when I handed him the Book of Mormon, he just starts like rambling off names... he goes... "mmmhmm... Nefi... Alma.... 2 Nefi... 3 Nefi.... no... 4 Nefi. yes 4 is when Christ comes." After we tell him that it is in 3 Nefi I say, "Oh, so you have read this book before?" and he just goes "No..... no i just feel it. These names are just coming to me. They sound familiar." So at this point he had just hit strike three, weird, and you might think that after strike three we should have just gotten out of there, but no me and my comp were just like looking at each other just in the presence of this crazy man, but we just keep on teaching.
So we were just in the middle of teaching and out of nowhere he just goes, "Oh no....... oh no how could I have been so stupid... oh I can't believe I forgot!!!" Then he stands up and goes over to the pitcher of water that he had given us water from earlier on in the lesson. He then goes on to explain to us that he meant to get water from somewhere else because the water that we had been given had COCAINE IN IT!!! He explains to us how like it isn't exactly cocaine but it is a really similar substance. Of course by this time I had already downed my cup, and so I just sat there in shock as he goes, "You guys are not allowed to consume that stuff are you?" I literally just sat there staring at him not knowing what to respond but my comp just goes, "Nope! No we are definitely not..." So at this point I was just waiting to pass out at any moment and wake up again chained to the bottom of this guys basement, but luckily nothing happened. When he wasn't looking my comp just looked at me and just gives the urgent head nod that we need to get out of there. So we ended as fast as possible and just got out of there.
hahaha So thank goodness that man doesn't live in our area, but ya! That happened to me this week. Other than that nothing really happened. We have a zone conference this week so that will be sweet! I love you guys!
Nate
0 comments:
Post a Comment