Monday, February 10, 2014

Valentines Week

Nate:

Hey! I am still in the same area, which I have been in my whole mission so I am kind of getting sick of it but it is ok because I am comfortable here. I am kind of nervous to go to a different area because it is going to be new and different and I will have to get used to things all over again. I am doing awesome! I love my comp right now! His name is Elder Thornley, and he is from Bluffdale Utah. He just got to Argentina about four months ago, so I have more time here than he does but he served in California for like six months. It is super weird because we know about the same amount of Spanish, which still is very far from perfect, and so we just are learning together. The other day we were talking to this drunk guy, (which is good and bad, cause one, they are just always happy to talk to you, except then after don't want anything to do with you, and two cause they are just always super honest) but we were buying something from his little store he had at his house and we started talking to him about the church and about what we do as missionaries and stuff and he was like asking us how long we have been here and about the language and all of that and then he was like "you guys speak really good!!" and we were just like ya.. not really we still have a lot to learn.. and then he said " oh no... not the language. I was just saying you guys talk about God and stuff.." hahahahahah it was super funny and kind of depressing at the same time.

We just started to teach a class of English to the members and investigators we have here, which so far has been a disaster. I had no idea how hard it would be to teach Latinos how to pronounce English words. So I was helping my mission leader try to pronounce the letter z in English (and I don't know if I have told you about my mission leader, but he has one fake eye, lives in like a one room shack, has only two teeth, and you have to practically yell and talk two miles an hour to get him to understand you.) and tried to explain how to make the sound. and so I said "you just have to use your teeth and make a sound like a mosquito" and he just looks at me and goes, "well I don't have teeth Elder so what am I supposed to do, when I do it, air just passes through my mouth." hahahahahahah I wish you guys could see him try to say some of this stuff... holy cow...

Other than that, on the investigator side of things, we are having a really rough time getting people to church. We have found and taught a ton of super awesome people, but they can never get baptized and progress if they don't go to church! It is super frusterating... 

I am doing awesome! I don't really have anything to complain about right now except that we have a mini missionary in our apartment who doesn't really shower and stinks up the whole place... he is a super awesome guy and is gonna be an awesome Elder! But it is very hard to breathe when you  are around him... love you guys! Have a good week!
 
Eric:
 
Time does seem to be passing quickly. Before you know it I will be home!  That picture in the snow is sooo coool. I miss the snow. Where was that picture taken? I will continue praying for Grandpa. I hope he does alright. Please include the receipt in the package you send me if you send those shirts. I had some problems with the last one and I don't want to go through that again haha. Thanks so much! I will try to send you as many pictures as I can but like I said before it is very hard. I will also try to get you a recording next week.

I had a really good week this week. Elder Stewart and I have been really blessed this transfer. Our people that should be baptized on the 22nd are still doing great and are right on track. I also have some really cool Elders in my district so this transfer has been fun. 
Thanks for everything. love you!
Elder Hannay
 
 

0 comments: