Monday, February 24, 2014

Happy B-day Nate

Nate:
What's up fam. I can't believe I am 19! I just got to my new area. I was in the same area for like 6 months (my whole mission). It is nuts here. I love it. It was pretty hard leaving but when I got here they are doing tons of baptisms and exploding the area. So it's pretty sweet. I am pretty pumped. The thing I am stoked about here is that it is pretty poor. When I first came to Argentina this is how I pictured it would be so it kinda feels like I am really on my mission. It is a little scary here. There are parts of town that are super sketch and stuff. Like this lady got robbed just right outside of our apartment the other day. They like beat her up and broke her arm and stuff. And while I was teaching this guy he lifted up his hat and showed me this giant lump on the side of his head. It had stitches and was like oozing. It was nasty. He got in like this gang fight or something and like they bashed this rock on the side of his head. So ya that's where I am right now... But, don't worry cuz my companion knows everyone here and they love him. We are going to be safe so don't worry. I am pumped to be here. It is going to be sweet.

My retainer on the top broke. It broke about 3 months ago but I have heard horror stories about the dentists here. Like they don't put on gloves and stuff. So I am not sure what to do.

Right now we have 6 Elders in our pension. The apartment should be for like 2 people. We have 2 bunk beds and 2 people have to sleep on the ground in this tiny little room. We only have one bathroom and it constantly smells like rotten pee. It is nasty. We are actually looking for a new apartment right now. We are looking at one with 4 rooms so that will be a lot better. I am doing awesome. We had a conference with Elder Ballard in Cordoba. It was like a 6 hour drive so that sucked but it was a great conference. I have a spanish speaking companion from Peru. I am doing pretty good. I can pretty much say anything I want I just mix up my words sometimes. It will be great to practice. I love you!

Eric:
This week was a great week. We baptized Josemar and Bairres! They are both really cool and are doing great.




0 comments: