Summer is my favorite time of year. Which means I start getting excited when Spring arrives. I have been spiffing up the furniture on the front porch.
Before -
After - (It is amazing what a little spray paint will do!)
For my birthday last year I asked Steve to help me build a 16 foot long picnic table. He said, "You can't build a 16 foot long picnic table." To which I responded, "That is what I want for my birthday... for you not to say 'You can't build a 16 foot long picnic table.'" So, we went to work one Saturday, and he was right. You can't find 16 foot long boards straight enough to build a 16 foot long picnic table. However, you can find 12 foot long boards straight enough. So, a 12 foot long picnic table is what I got for my birthday.
Then for Mother's Day, I enlisted Ty to help me built my "outdoor kitchen".
This year for my birthday I asked Steve to help me build a pergola. After last year he had caught on to my plan (getting him to provide the labor to get a project done the way I pictured in my mind) and went to work helping me construct my vision with safe and sound building practices.
It has been quite a long process. The first Saturday was spent setting posts. The next, installing cross beams.

The next, installing the "roof".
Of course I needed some decorative touches...
So, next Saturday.... landscaping! I bet Steve can't wait for Mother's Day.
Monday, May 2, 2011
Summer Projects
at 7:28 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I wonder if Steve wishes your birthday was in November or maybe January! ;) Fun projects! Please tell me you will have Wisteria growing up your pergola and hanging down so I can smell it....!!!! Is it Wisteria that I am thinking of? Purple, viney, bees like it, hangs down in clumps??? Well, whatever it is, tell me that's what you're gonna grow. ooo-or maybe grapevines....or creeping roses....oooo-I think I need a pergola!
Post a Comment