Saturday, October 31, 2009

There's something about it

Steve woke me this morning asking if I thought it was too early to run the lawnmower. I looked at the clock and said, "Yes, just take the dog for a walk." Today is the first game of, hopefully, 4 on the path to the football state championship. Steve is a wreck! He is so nervous for Ty. Ty, on the other hand is so excited, he was up before all of us. Bouncing around the house gathering his gear and making preparations for the game.

I was doing a little calculation this morning. To watch Ty alone, my conservative estimates over the last 10 years, I have gone to approximately...
10 soccer games
130 football games
200 baseball games
400 basketball games

I was amazed at the totals. My friends often complain about going to one or two games each Saturday. Then they remember they are complaining to someone who goes to, depending on the season, up to 15 games per week. The only thing I complain about is when I have to miss one when they overlap or play at the same time. I love watching my kids play anything! Having said that, I have to say, my favorite sport to watch is football. If you would have asked me what my fav was when Ty was just starting out in soccer, I would have never though he might even play football. None of my brothers played, my dad didn't play, only a handful of my friends growing up played. But there is just something about it. I can't even explain why. I just love it. I am so excited for the game today. I hope we win so I can go to another game next week!

1 comments:

Keryn said...

Yay Tyler and Bingham!

We want to come to the next game--can we? Is it next Saturday? We need to know what time, where, how much, etc--but we are planning on coming!