From Eric -
Hey
We had a pretty good week this week. I talked in sacrament meeting for the first time here in Angola. It went pretty well. It's hard speaking in Portuguese when you are nervous.
We also had a baptims this week. I just got here so I don't know him very well. I'll have to send you pictures next week. I've been running around all morning trying to get documents so I can be recognized as a resident here in Lubango so I wasn't able to get my camera.
The city I am in is more of a small town. So the people are different in that way I guess. More respectful and not as crazy haha. There are mountains and it is more spread out and organized. It is weird how calm it is here. I am used to the constant noise coming from close to downtown Luanda.
That would be awesome if we could go to the temple the first or second day back. I sent ty an email so we will see.
Love you
Elder Hannay
From Nate -
hey mamma!
Well.... Argentina lost.... the whole country is pretty bumbed... I kind of expected it to be honest I really did not expect Argentina to get this far anyway so we did good! I am still loving my new area! We had two investigators in church this week which is awesome! One of them is right on track to be baptized so I am way pumped about that! His name is Nani and he is the painter that I was telling you guys about. I didn't even want to buy one I was just wondering if that is something that you guys would want. He is the dad of a couple members, and like he is basically just a crazy old man. But the other day, his son who isn't a member told him that he should stop listening to us and that we were brainwashing him and stuff, but Nani stood up for the church way bad! He said that if he didn't like it, then he could go live with his mom and all of this stuff and then he came to church anyway! He just has to quit smoking and then he will be baptized for sure!
I will for sure write Ty! i will see how he is doing and stuff. Is he still working? How often do you guys see him?
Today I have one year left on the mission!!!! That is crazy!!! and Eric only has like 2 transfers left too! holy cow we are getting old. Are we going to go to costa rica? You still haven't answered me back on that one.
And I also got your Christmas package!! haha it was the one with the bullion cubes, and Devin's plan of salvation thing and your awesome card with the elf shaking its butt hahahahaha a little late but still good. love you guys!
0 comments:
Post a Comment