From Eric -
Hey hey
Like you know I was transffered to Lubango this week so it was full of a lot of traveling and adjusting. On Wednesday we headed out at 6 pm on an adventurous, 17 hour bus ride that went through Angola to get to Lubango. Most of the traveling we did at night so I didn't get to see much of Angola but it was still an interesting trip. A lot of drunk people on the bus and some bumpy roads along the way. We got there safely without any problems though. As I stepped off the bus in Lubango I could instantly feel the dry, cool air. Also I noticed how organized and clean the city is compared to Luanda. Then last off after spending a few days here I noticed that the people are different. If I had to compare it to something I would describe it as a city like St. George. It is going to take some more adjusting to the life here but I am sure I am going to love it. I never thought I would miss the life of Luanda but I have been missing it a little.
The branch is really small here and seems to be more dependent on the missionaries than the branches we have in Luanda. It is looking like we will have a lot of work to do. Its good because it will keep me busy and going my last few transfers. Speaking of the last few transfers, my time is coming up. Crazy! I was wondering if we could all go to the temple as a family when I get home. Would that work?
Its great you are all doing well and I hope you continue that way. Love you! keep me updated!
Elder Hannay
From Nate -
This was my first week in my new area and holy crap I love it here! This place is super rich and nice and so compared to my last area I feel like I am in disneyland. and then we have like a washer and a microwave and a heater and stuff so I am just living good now. We have a good branch of about 70 active members so that is good as well! I love the people here! They are all nuts! But we have a ton of awesome people that seem to be progressing pretty good!
My trainer was leaving and I got to see him again.
We have an investigator who is like a pretty famous painter here. He said he will do paintings for us for half price. I was wondering if you guys wanted a painting? I think he basically can do anything so I was just wondering if that would be cool. I think it would be about 200 bucks. Let me know!
Other than that.. nothing too big happened! I am way pumped to be in this area and it is gonna be an awesome transfer!
My trainer was leaving and I got to see him again.

0 comments:
Post a Comment