Nate:
I was great to talk to you guys. But it was also super sad and sucked at the same time. This Christmas was weird. It just did not feel like Christmas. It was just another day, except we didn't really do anything because everyone just sleeps all day long. These past couple weeks have been super hard because we don't really have anyone to baptize. We have one lady that we have been working with. She has been an investigator for like 3 years. She is super frusterating. Sometimes we just have an awesome lesson and she says she is going to go to church for sure. She says she loves it when we are there. Then all of the sudden she doesn't come to church, she stops reading the Book of Mormon, and she doesn't want to talk to us. So then we try to go visit other people and they are not home, so we just have to go contact.
We actually did something cool today. I was sick of not having any people to teach so my companion and I came up with an idea. We went into priesthood today and shared a couple of scriptures and talked about missionary work and how blessed we are to have the gospel. We gave them each a piece of paper and had them write down the name of one of their friends that we could teach. We talked to them about how they could talk to them and invite them to church. We are also going to go by their houses. So hopefully we are going to find a lot of people cuz we are kind of in a drought right now. I am excited about that.
I am not sure what we are going to do for New Year's. I am not sure how that works here, so we'll see.
I love you guys!
Eric:
Mom
It was so great to talk to you on Christmas! It made me miss you once again but it was worth it. It's great to hear that you are all doing well. Sounds like you and Dad are staying busy while we are all gone with all the projects you are doing. That will be cool if we can go down to Lake Powell sometimes.
0 comments:
Post a Comment