For the last 21 years I have been working at the toughest, but most rewarding job ever - being a stay home Mom. Now that my baby Nate is starting his senior year of high school and Eric is soon off to Africa, I have accepted an offer to go back to work full time.
Steve told me the Eastern Region Dealer Relations Manager was leaving and thought I should apply for the position. After working part time in the marketing department a couple years ago, I knew this would be a
great job for me. I have to market the bank's loan products, strengthen dealer relationships, and increase fundings for the bank. (Lots of wining, dining, and general schmoozing.) Not only will I have a 35 hour work week, but I can set my own
hours. (I'm thinking 7:30-3:30 while Nate is at school.) I get a phone, an expense account, and get to see the east side of the country. I will be traveling 6+ times per year at my discretion. I will be in a different area of the bank than Steve, (he is over the lending dept.) but I still get to see him and go to lunch everyday!
They were generous enough to let me start at the end of summer. So, I am making the most of my life of leisure until Aug. 20th! (Thank goodness, I was getting REALLY bored!)
Thursday, July 19, 2012
Working Girl
at 8:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That sounds like a lot of fun. It seems like you're at a stage in life where business travel can be really enjoyable, too. I'll look forward to lots of interesting travel tales in the coming months.
Wow! Congratulations!You will be awesome! You go girl!
Holler if you need a traveling companion.
Congratulations! They are lucky to get such an intelligent, dedicated, vivacious woman! What an exciting new chapter. (:
Post a Comment