Thursday, March 10, 2011

Elder Anderson

Ty got a new companion. Elder Anderson from Willard, Utah.

Ty emailed today, "I got another companion and he is worse than Elder Brewster :( I can't stand him already. He is a guy who demands everything. He shows no respect for me. It is sad cuz I just show all the respect for him. I don't know what I am going to do. I have been praying and praying. My testimony grows every day. The only thing I don't understand is why I get put with the companions I get put with. I hate talking bad but...What do i do??"

Oh GREAT! Sometimes technology can be a blessing...

I have had a song stuck in my head (Hold On from Praise to the Man - A Collection by Mindy Gledhill & Russ Dixon) for the past week. I found it on my phone when I searched my new favorite singer Mindy Gledhill. (listen to a clip here - click on the little blue speaker next to "Hold On") It has lyrics from DC 122. I think Ty needed to hear this scripture and the Lord was preparing me to help him.

I quickly emailed back, "I was running on the elliptical machine today. While I run I watch movies. Today I was watching your football highlight video. It made me remember all the fun times watching you. But looking back on things sometimes we only remember the good.

When you played basketball, you hated Jimmy and Dubs (coaches) sometimes. You were so down and I hated to see you suffering. But, you stuck it out and it all was worth it in the end. You only have good memories now.

I know the daily grind living with someone and being with them 24/7 can sometimes be more than you can take. Just keep going. Keep praying. Focus on why you are there with that guy. And know that it will be over soon. Things got better with E. Brewster. Maybe things will get better with the new guy too.

In DC 122:7-9 it says - 7 And if thous shouldst be cast into the pit or into the hands of murderers, and the sentence of death passed upon thee; if thou be cast into the deep; if the billowing surge conspire against thee; if fierce winds become thine enemy; if the heavens gather blackness, and all the elements combine to hedge up the way; and above all, if the very jaws of hell shall gape open the mouth wide after thee, know thou, my son, that all these things shall give thee experience and shall be for thy good.

8 The Son of Man hath descended below them all. Art thou greater than he?

9 Therefore, hold on thy way, and the priesthood shall remain with thee; for their bounds are set, they cannot pass. Thy days are known, and thy years shall not be numbered less; therefore, fear not what man can do, for God shall be with you forever and ever."

Ty responded, "Wow, that is a good scripture. Thank you mamma. That's why I love you :) Ya I will do my best.

Don't you miss those good old high school days?? hahaha This guy in our ward was talkin about some team from Utah coming down and playing Trinity and getting their butts kicked in the Dallas Cowboys Stadium......










and I was like, ya that was me














hahahahah it was so funny.









He was like REALLY??? and I told him all about it.

It was so funny!

The medicine they gave me worked. Pink eye is all gone now.

But I will stop talking bad and only tell you the good stuff :) The Amarillo 2nd Ward is really coming along. When I got here everyone did not like the missionaries. But we changed it around and the ward is really excited about missionary work and stuff now. It is so exciting because Amarillo is growing strong in members now. A big thing that helps with the ward being more involved is that the members now get the less actives to come back to church. We have like 300 less actives in 2nd ward haha it is crazy but it is coming along :)"

It is so hard to hear that he is having a hard time! But, I guess, just like football and basketball, he will hate it and get better at it and come home with only happy memories! Today I am thankful for technology and email and smart phones and music and Ty!

0 comments: