Monday, May 18, 2015

Angie's letter

YEEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! Alright I probably shouldnt get excited because its not confirmed yet, but I am way pumped! So yesterday, in the dedication, President Uchtdorf gave a talk, and at the very end, he just said I bless you and your families as an apostle of the Lord. I mean normally that wouldn't really mean anything cause they say stuff like that all the time, but right when he said it I just got chills and felt the Spirit a ton and immediately thought of Lauren and Devin! and I don't know but like right there I just felt that everything was gonna turn out good no matter what. It was sweet!


But this week was AWESOME!!!!!!!!! Probably one of the best weeks of my whole entire mission! First of all this week was the cultural event and the dedication of the temple! The moment we had been waiting for for like 20 months finally came and it was incredible! The cultural event was so much fun and way cool! haha I mean... the dances and stuff were alright cause it was a bunch of kids but just the whole atmosphere was awesome! I got to see a whole bunch of people that I haven't seen in a way long time. It was basically like all of the members in the whole mission all gathered in one place. All the missionaries were there, and after, we went to Burger King. How could it possibly get any better than that. 

In the dedication I probably had the highlight of my whole entire mission. So I don't know if you guys remember... I mean I don't have that many baptisms so its probably not that hard, but my very first baptism was a girl named Angie Vazquez. she got baptized in December of 2013! So a long time ago... but anyways in the dedication, there was a seventy that gave a talk. He was a Gringo, but I don't know where from. In his talk he read a letter that he had gotten from a member. It told the story of her conversion and her testimony and stuff. THE LETTER WAS FROM ANGIE!!!!!! In the letter she talked about the whole story of how the missionaries first found her parents, and then how she got baptized, her family got sealed in the temple, and her and her brother are going to serve missions. It seriously was the coolest moment of my whole mission!!!! It is crazy cause like I have been pretty bummed because I haven't had the success that I have wanted, but in that moment and just like thinking about that, it made every hard time, bad day, and rough moment worth it. I don't even care if I don't get any more baptisms the rest of my mission because that one thing is worth everything that I have done. It was such a blessing that I had never imagined!!! After the dedication I called her and her family and we talked for a little bit and I told her to send me a copy of that letter. I am going to visit them as well so I will let you guys know how it goes. THE CHURCH IS TRUE!!!!!!

I am really glad that you guys are all good! I pray for you all the time and love you guys! Thanks for everything! Have a good week!

0 comments: