Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Back Tractin

Elders Hannay, Brewster & Bingham with investigator Adam.

"Elder Bingham got sick again. He got so sick he was sent home."

While they were stuck in the apartment waiting for the weather to clear and for Elder Bingham to recover. Ty started a little project. He took a cheap Ukulele I sent him and removed the finish on the back. He sanded it and drew a sketch of Christ and then polyurethaned over it.



"This week the weather went from -13 to 82 degrees! It felt so good. The warm weather is great."

"I also went on exchanges with Elder Rose (He is my zone leader and is a Spanish speaking elder.. he plays lacrosse at BYU he is the coolest guy ever). We went to all these Mexican homes and they all fed us. It was real Mexican food it was so good!!! All of the meals we just cooked outside. They eat corn tortillas with everything they are sosososo good!!! But the coolest thing that day is that even though I could only make out like ten percent of what they were saying I could still feel the Spirit so strong. It was so cool."

"David was a referral from a member. This guy has a swastika on his forehead. He has tattoos all over his face. He looked so scary. He was doing so many drugs it was not even funny. We went back to teach him last night and I did not feel right. I felt the Spirit tell me to "GET OUT!" It was so strong. We left. I don't know what would have happened but always listen to the Spirit. If you ever feel the Spirit tell you something don't ignore it."

"Eric and Nate, I know everyone says the mission is the best thing that has ever happened to them... It really is true. I am loving it!! When you are living right and reading the scriptures and just living the gospel you are just so happy. I have never been so happy in my life. I am loving my mission now that I am more comfortable with everything. I love knocking doors and just meeting new people! We knocked for about 2 hours straight yesterday and I wanted to knock more it was so great!! I LOVE IT!!! I honestly have changed my attitude about everything since the beginning of my mission. It is great here."

0 comments: