Thursday, December 16, 2010

MTC Recap

Ty had many great experiences in the MTC. I thought I would share a few highlights...

Nov. 22, 2010 "Elder Soffe and I taught a "progressive investigator" (a member pretending to be someone they taught on their own mission). It was just like real life. We were teaching him the first lesson and the Spirit was just so strong. It was like were not even teaching. It is weird because I knew and Elder Soffe knew exactly what each other were going to say."

Nov. 24, 2010 "I gave my first blessing today to one of the sisters in our district. She was struggling and she needed a comfort blessing. The branch president is out of town so he called upon me to give it. It was so spiritual I was shaking. It was such a good experience."

(As Zone Leader, we later learned, Ty and his companion were over 3 districts which is about 30 missionaries. He had to conduct meetings and take reports from each district.)

Dec. 1, 2010 "Today was kind of a sad day. Our district is really struggling because one of our district leaders went home. He had to take care of some things. Everyone was also questioning themselves too, because he left. (Not me or Elder Soffe.) I gave a blessing to someone in my district. After he felt way better. It was so cool. Tell everyone hi for me and that I am doing really good!"

Dec. 8, 2010 "One of our teachers asked the MTC president if we could go teach his brother. He said he was feeling the Spirit so much when he was pretending to be a non-member . He thought we would be perfect to teach him. He was like crying the whole time and stuff too. He said he has not met any better missionaries than me and Elder Soffe in his three years of teaching here. It was so cool. So I hope it will be the same in the field."

The missionaries are allowed to call from the airport while they wait for their flights. We had a quick chat. Eric and Nate both got to say hi before leaving for school. Ty sounded so enthusiastic. He had a Book of Mormon with his testimony in it. He was determined to place it on the way to Texas!

1 comments:

Laurene Ross said...

I am tearing up just reading this. I can't wait to read it to my kids tomorrow. You guys are awesome. Ty is awesome! This is just so awesome!!!!